As a skilled Diesel Fitter you will specialise in the repair and maintenance of diesel engines, often in heavy vehicles or industrial machinery. Be able to inspect engines, diagnose and repair faults, perform routine maintenance and dismantle and reassemble engines and other components. (This position is full time permanent working 38 hours a week)
- Diagnosing, repairing, tuning, maintaining and overhauling diesel, petrol and gaspowered vehicles and machinery including trucks, tractors, buses, drill rigs, generators, marine engines and pumps.
- Maintaining, diagnosing and repairing hydraulic components of dieselpowered attachments such as hoists, lifts, booms, pumps, buckets and augers.
- Dismantling, repairing and reassembling engines, transmissions, steering columns and other components.
- Using oxy, electric, TIG and MIG welding techniques and machining processes to replace and repair parts.
- Testing repaired parts for proper performance.
- Using computers, instruments and specialised tools to diagnose and repair faults.
- Inspecting vehicles and machinery for faults.
You will work with the maintenance team during the start of day and end of day program assembling and dissembling the plant machinery for cleaning etc.
Hourly rate: $30.00 p.h
Salary: $ 59280.00 p.a
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applications are treated with complete confidentiality. Only applications with a right to work in Australia will be considered.
If you feel you are suitable and match the above criteria, please click the 'Apply Now!' icon below to submit an updated resume and a brief cover letter explaining your suitability to this role.
** We thank you for your application however, due to the volume of applicants only successful applicants will be contacted **