Our client is a horticultural producer seeking general horticulture workers.
- Planting trees, seeds, seedlings, roots, bulbs, vines and other plants using hand tools and farm machines
- Building trellises for climbing vegetables and vines
- Operating farm machines to cultivate, fertilise, spray and harvest fruit, nuts, grains and vegetables
- Spraying trees, vines and other plants with chemicals to control weed growth, insects, fungus growth and diseases
- Thinning, weeding and hoeing row crops, and pruning trees and vines
- Irrigating land for crop growth
- Selecting and picking vegetables according to size and ripeness, and discarding rotting and over-ripened produce
- Grading, sorting, bunching and packing produce into containers
- Loading filled fruit, nut, grain and vegetable containers onto trucks
Hourly Rate: $25.41
Conditions and Requirements:
- Job requires very good level of physical fitness and stamina.
- Early starts, long days and all weather conditions.
- Highly repetitive, process driven work requiring a high attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Work is supervised and requires achievement of productivity benchmarks.
- Strict adherence to company policies and procedures and food standards and hygiene
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applications are treated with complete confidentiality. Only applications with a right to work in Australia will be considered.
If you feel you are suitable and match the above criteria, please click the 'Apply Now!' icon below to submit an updated resume and a brief cover letter explaining your suitability to this role.
** We thank you for your application however, due to the volume of applicants only successful applicants will be contacted **