Are you seeking a full time, permanent job?
Want a job in a growing industry with career progression opportunities?
If you are reliable and hardworking and can commit to working safely and following procedures in a physical job, we would like to hear from you.
As a full-time, permanent employee, you will work a minimum 38 hours per week with the potential for overtime and weekend work.
- Operate cutting and slicing machines.
- Move stock or scrap to and from machines manually, or by using carts, hand trucks, or lift trucks.
- Start machines to verify setups, and make any necessary adjustments.
- Monitor operation of cutting or slicing machines to detect malfunctions or to determine whether supplies need replenishment.
- Remove defective or substandard materials from machines and readjust machine components so that products meet standards.
- Remove completed materials or products from cutting or slicing machines, and stack or store them for additional processing.
- Feed stock into cutting machines, onto conveyors, or under cutting blades, by threading, guiding, pushing, or turning handwheels.
- Maintain production records, such as quantities, types, and dimensions of materials produced.
- Examine, measure, and weigh materials or products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring devices, such as rulers, micrometers, or scales.
- Stack and sort cut material for packaging, further processing, or shipping
- Review work orders, blueprints, specifications, or job samples to determine components, settings, and adjustments for cutting and slicing machines.
- Position stock along cutting lines, or against stops on beds of scoring or cutting machines.
- Clean and lubricate cutting machines, conveyors, blades, saws, or knives, using steam hoses, scrapers, brushes, or oil cans.
- Select and install machine components, such as cutting blades, rollers, and templates, according to specifications, using hand tools.
- Sharpen cutting blades, knives, or saws, using files, bench grinders, or honing stones.
- Turn cranks or press buttons to activate winches that move cars under sawing cables or saw frames.
- Start pumps to circulate water and abrasives onto blades or cables during cutting.
- Operate cranes, or signal crane operators to position or remove stone from cars or saw beds.
- Wash stones, using water hoses.
- Operate press brake machines to shape various types of metals and monitor supply levels, check the final products to ensure they are free of defects
- Sanding the manufactured metal hood for painting
Salary: $46,455.76 p.a
Hourly Rate: $23.51p.h
To be successful, you must meet the following requirements:
- Australian Citizen/Permanent Residency/Full Working Rights in Australia are essential
- Pass a Pre-employment medical check, including drug alcohol test
- Have 2 x contactable references
- Be willing to relocate as soon as possible
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applications are treated with complete confidentiality. Only applications with a right to work in Australia will be considered.
If you feel you are suitable and match the above criteria, please click the 'Apply Now!' icon below to submit an updated resume and a brief cover letter explaining your suitability to this role.
** We thank you for your application however, due to the volume of applicants only successful applicants will be contacted **