Permanent Role with an immediate start
Based – Myola Feedlot, Northwest NSW
Myola Feedlot is a modern 20,000 head capacity feedlot situated in the heart of the “Golden Triangle” in northwest NSW and is 70km from Goondiwindi, 70km from Moree and 70km from Warialda.
Our Client is currently looking for an experienced Leading Hand who will lead and organise the induction, arrival and dispatch of cattle on our Myola Feedlot, while also supporting the Livestock Team in the daily livestock activities.
Responsibilities and skills required:
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring cattle health with the ability to diagnose animal health systems and treat with the appropriate protocols;
- Ensure animals are managed and handled in a humane manner and using appropriate cattle handling techniques;
- Follow animal welfare, quality and safety standards at all times as well as operating procedures and work instructions;
- Provide training to staff and contractors in cattle movements and processing activities;
- Lead, perform and organise staff and contractors to ensure all cattle movements and processing activities are completed in the areas of cattle receival/unloading; cattle dispatch/loading; cattle induction and re-implant; maintenance and housekeeping; and cleaning water troughs;
- Proven livestock handling skills, and experience in vaccinating, tagging and drenching cattle;
- Experience in feedlot activities and being mechanically minded would be an advantage;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to lead effectively in a team, contributing positively to team operations and working relationships;
- Flexibility to work within a roster, along with data recordings skills and a knowledge of computers, and previous experience using stock-aid software is essential; and
- Show initiative and willingness to learn.
Application will be assessed on an ongoing basis and therefore we encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.