FIP Group – We are the go-to supplier of people solutions! Operational since 2006, our business model is built around our ability to provide tailor-made workforce solutions for our clients together with customer service that delivers above and beyond.
100% Australian owned, FIP Group are a specialist end-to-end recruitment business. We have a proven track record having been the preferred supplier of many national brands and smaller operations as their first-choice supplier of staff for over a decade.
Our client are a national business, with their head office in Brisbane.
About the role
Due to increased company market growth, we are working on an opportunity for an experienced Payroll Manager to join a high performing team in a full-time position.
You will lead a team of 9 payroll officers based in Brisbane CBD. This role will offer variety, stakeholder engagement and interaction with the SLT of the company.
The business has employees across various Australian locations, Awards and EBA's. Ideally you will be experienced with high volume payroll processing within a fast-paced environment, this team payroll over 3000 employees per week.
- Provide effective leadership, through mentoring, motivation, and empowerment to build team capability and culture
- Lead and deliver process improvement initiatives to streamline and improve performance and customer experience
- Research, analyse and investigate difficult and/or complex cases and provide expert advice to team members in resolving these matters
- Provide authoritative subject matter expertise, advice and query support to management and staff in relation to pay related policy and services
- Ensure appropriate systems are in place to maintain data integrity and security of payroll information
- Respond to internal and external audit inquiries as well as responding to legislative compliance requirements and requests
- Serve as a point of contact between internal and external stakeholders on all payroll inquiries
- Management and oversight of the end of financial year processes
- Demonstrated people management experience in a payroll function
- Experience managing a payroll function of 1000+ FTE
- Extensive knowledge of payroll legislation and compliance
- Experience in the end to end payroll function including month end processes and reconciliations
- Extensive payroll systems experience
- Strong experience working across different types of industrial instruments including Modern Awards and Enterprise Agreements
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and commitment to the provision of high-quality services while working in a flexible and collaborative manner
- Demonstrated high level knowledge of, and ability to interpret relevant taxation, superannuation, records management, and industrial legislation
This company are still expanding; so a great opportunity to step into a leadership position that is secure, yet still offers future growth.
You will receive:
- Competitive salary package
- Health fund discounts
- Rewards and recognition
- Training and development