Our client is looking for a skilled plummer to repair and maintain a variety of plumbing and piping systems and equipment; and do other work as required. (This position is full time permanent working 38hours a week)
Installs, repairs and maintains air, gas, water, and sewer pipes, fittings and fixtures according to approved codes; installs and maintains low pressure vessels; cuts, threads and welds a variety of pipe such as copper and steel; identifies causes for gas, water and sewer leaks or malfunctions; replaces worn or inadequate pipe, sheet metal, valves, fixtures and traps; tests pipe systems for proper operation and determines requirements for additional equipment; maintains records of work performed and prepares reports; maintains and repairs items such as valves and pumps;
Thorough knowledge of:
- The principles and practices of, maintaining and repairing plumbing and piping systems and equipment.
- The tools and equipment used in maintaining and repairing plumbing and piping systems and equipment.
- Repair and maintain a variety of plumbing and piping, and pumping systems and equipment.
- Trace and identify causes of plumbing and piping system leaks or malfunctions and restore to approved operating standards.
- Plan and modify plumbing and piping systems.
- Read, interpret and work from blueprints, schematic diagrams, plans and specifications.
- Estimate materials and costs of plumbing and piping systems installations and repairs.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports.
- Perform tasks that require strength
- Perform tasks that require manual dexterity,
- Perform tasks that require balance and flexibility
- Discern colour in order to work on electrical wiring and color-coded valves.
- Distinguish sounds to determine leaks in water lines or problems in motors.
- Put on, wear and use a self-contained breathing apparatus may be required.
They work with the maintenance team during the start of day and end of day program assembling and dissembling the plant machinery for cleaning etc.
Hourly Rate: $28.50 p.h
Salary: $56,316.00 p.a
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applications are treated with complete confidentiality. Only applications with a right to work in Australia will be considered.
If you feel you are suitable and match the above criteria, please click the 'Apply Now!' icon below to submit an updated resume and a brief cover letter explaining your suitability to this role.
** We thank you for your application however, due to the volume of applicants only successful applicants will be contacted **