- Great company culture – warm and inclusive
- We work hard every day to create raving fans!
- Career stability and progression
FIP Group – We are the go-to supplier of people solutions! Operational since 2006, our business model is built around our ability to provide tailor-made workforce solutions for our clients together with customer service that delivers above and beyond.
100% Australian owned, FIP Group are a specialist end-to-end recruitment business. We have a proven track record having been the preferred supplier of many national brands and smaller operations as their first-choice supplier of staff for over a decade.
About the role
FIP Group are Australia’s largest employer under the Pacific Labour Scheme; we help regional businesses who are struggling with local labour shortages meet production demand.
In this role, you will be responsible for the purchasing/procurement of products and supplies for our head office and PLS employees. Our PLS employees require accommodation, furniture, white goods, access to a vehicle and mobile phones.
We are looking for a purchasing officer who can secure quality products at competitive prices; plus ensure our requirements arrive on time to the required regional location.
This role offers a high level of job satisfaction – what you are purchasing makes a big difference to our employees arriving in Australia for work – plus we have a great working environment within a collaborative office in Brisbane.
- Purchasing a defined range of products
- Planning and raising purchase orders in line with company policy
- Control of stock items in accordance with inventory targets (phones, etc)
- Demand planning - working with operations team and finance for forecasting
- Invoicing and administrative control – price checking
- PO creation and maintenance – follow up with AP on queries/price checking
- Management of critical path of orders
- Credit applications
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to multitask and work to set deadlines effectively
- A solution-focused approach to business.
- Previous experience in using ERP systems preferred (but not essential).
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Experience using Excel
- System implementation a strong advantage
We offer an enjoyable work environment, where you will work with experienced experts in the industry, who are passionate about what they do.
You will receive:
- Competitive salary package
- Social corporate events
- Additional leave day for your birthday
- Health fund discounts
- Fortnightly pay
- Rewards and recognition
- Training and development