QUALITY ASSURANCE LEADER
Reports to: Plant/Operations Manager
Direct Reports: QA Officer, AUS Meat Supervisor, QA Supervisor
Primary Purpose of Position:
Responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and monitoring quality assurance processes to ensure the safe operations of facility, as well as ensuring the obtainment and sustainability of level 2 accreditation for export products. Additionally, you will be responsible for working with external providers to ensure the facility meets the standards of key customers both domestically, and internationally.
- Implementing all QA policies, programs and procedures required to achieve the highest standard of QA for an export meat facility and gain/sustain AUS-MEAT accreditation.
- Ensuring that the plant operates within the regulatory requirements of all relevant legislative bodies, as well as the policies and procedures of CAG
- Conduct the daily pre-shipment review as per required standards
- Supervise on the job and overall training for all employees in production with regards to Quality Assurance
- Update and review work instructions as per new position/activity added or removed in the system
- Conduct glass and hard plastic audits
- Conduct maintenance audits
- Oversee importing country and customer requirements, including BSE controls
- Corrective actions for internal use and Dept of Agriculture
- Establishing and maintaining general export and overseas customer registration and certification requirements
- Completing hands on tasks such as updating QA manuals and SOPs, reviewing QA documentation for regulatory submissions and inspections, conducting internal and external audits and implementing action plants
- Ensuring that all staff operate at the necessary QA standards
- Undertake projects and activities as directed by the Managing Director/Plant Manager
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- NCR, CAR, ZT, Internal and External Audits. TARGET Zero NCR. RESULT Zero noncompliance on quality and food standards. Measured by daily, monthly and quarterly audits and reviews
- Maintain Quality Assurance ensuring the business unit maintains Prime Safe Accreditation and the business BRC Accreditation. TARGET 100%. RESULT; It is expected that through leadership and management of the quality function, all QA administration and compliance is up to date and further, that the application of the QA procedures is employed by all staff within the business unit. A review of all QA documentation each quarter shows 98% compliance
- Ensure following being performed as per standards: Pre-operational hygiene, gear check, MHA process and Product, AUS MEAT, Temperature, ESAM, Data Loggers. TARGET: 100%. RESULT: All the tasks are being performed and monitored by relevant QA team member and review process and training needs of employees in close coordination with management and supervisors
- Lost Time Injury. RESULT Protect the welfare of employees by incurring zero LTIs
- Meet OMS Compliance Audit Target. TARGET ≥ 80%. RESULT; Retention of organisational Accreditation, Certification and Licencing. Adherence to relative legislative policies and procedures. Commitment to ensuring all reasonable steps are undertaken to mitigate risk to the business and thorough due diligence is conducted to ensure CAG are not at risk of employing, referring or contracting individuals with insufficient work rights in Australia and incurring associated penalties.
Considerable experience working within a quality assurance environment, with a significant portion of this time in the meat industry. Importantly, you will have experience in not only ensuring ongoing compliance, but designing and implementing quality assurance processes, and will possess all necessary qualifications and registrations.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite Skills and computer literacy
- Certificate in Meat Processing
Must have full working rights.