Our client is a central Queensland tyre business. They are looking for people who have mechanical aptitude and genuine interest in the industry who want to make a career within a family business in a regional area.
Duties are based around:
- Removing and replacing tyres,
- Diagnosing tyre damage wear,
- Diagnosing wheel balance problems and balancing wheels,
- Performing puncture repairs conforming to relevant standards,
- Selecting correct tyres tubes and rims and accessories,
- Providing high standard of customer service in a professionally presented environment.
The job requires a very good level of physical fitness and stamina, long periods of standing, walking and manual handling of tyres, rims, wheels, etc. Highly repetitive process driven work requiring a high attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy. Work is supervised and requires achievement of strict quality standards and performance metrics.
We are looking for someone with the following skills, experience attributes:
- Excellent customer service skills, Honesty and integrity,
- Have a cheerful "Can do" Attitude,
- Must be able to work in a team environment,
- must be punctual reliable,
- must havegood communication skills both written and spoken,
- previous tyre fitting, balancing and fault diagnosis experience preferred, but not essential,
- sound knowledge and adherence to OHS practices,
- appropriate Australian working rights,
- have a genuine interest in the industry and a clearly demonstrated mechanical aptitude,
- willing to undertake ongoing training and development and work free from the influence of drugs and alcohol.
Hours: 38 per week (starting wage $20.33 per hour)
Salary: $ 40175.2
Why work for us?
- Award rates apply
- Opportunity for Full time roles if successful
- Soft landing process after relocation
- Training and progression opportunities
- Relocation assistance provided Terms Conditions apply
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applications are treated with complete confidentiality. Only applications with a right to work in Australia will be considered.
If you feel you are suitable and match the above criteria, please click the 'Apply Now!' icon below to submit an updated resume and a brief cover letter explaining your suitability to this role.
** We thank you for your application however, due to the volume of applicants only successful applicants will be contacted **