Responsible for general labour in Yard, Oat and Pellet Mill including the packing completed product to customer specifications, site cleaning and site yard duties.
- Organise correct bags for packing in each container
- Ensure flow path and bagger is clean to avoid any cross contamination and comply with DAWR requirements
- Ensure the correct grain is packed in the correct container
- Place empty bags on packing line
- Operate bag sewing machine
- Stacking of bags on pallets, which can involve lifting bags in excess of 25kgs
- Operate bag container loader and repack by hand when incorrectly loaded bags
- Collect running samples for each container
- Check quality to ensure product meets specification
- Keep packing area clean and tidy to the subscribed DAWR requirements
- Cleaning yard and mills as instructed
- Other ad hoc duties as requested by the Site Manager and/or General Manager
Salary : $39203.84 p.a.
Hourly Rate: $19.84
Qualifications, Experience and Characteristics
- Needs to be pro-active and show initiative
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task and work under pressure.
- Physically fit to cope with the manual packing and lifting of bags. Able to work in dusty environments.
- A Forklift Licence
- Complete a Pre-employment medical functional drug and alcohol test if required.
- Have 2 x contactable references
- Be willing to relocate as soon as possible
Heavy Vehicle operating Licences
Why work for us?
- Award rates apply
- Opportunity for overtime
- Opportunity for Full time roles if successful
- Soft landing process after relocation
- Training and progression opportunities
If you are interested in the above role, please send your resume through by clicking the Apply button. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.