Responsible for general labour in Yard, Oat and Pellet Mill including the packing completed product to customer specifications, site cleaning and site yard duties.
- Organise correct bags for packing in each container
- Ensure flow path and bagger is clean to avoid any cross contamination and comply with DAWR requirements
- Ensure the correct grain is packed in the correct container
- Place empty bags on packing line
- Operate bag sewing machine
- Stacking of bags on pallets, which can involve lifting bags in excess of 25kgs
- Operate bag container loader and repack by hand when incorrectly loaded bags
- Collect running samples for each container
- Check quality to ensure product meets specification
- Keep packing area clean and tidy to the subscribed DAWR requirements
- Cleaning yard and mills as instructed
- Other ad hoc duties as requested by the Site Manager and/or General Manager
Salary : $40175.2 p.a
Hourly Rate: $20.33
Qualifications, Experience and Characteristics
- Needs to be pro-active and show initiative
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task and work under pressure.
- Physically fit to cope with the manual packing and lifting of bags. Able to work in dusty environments.
- A Forklift Licence
- Complete a Pre-employment medical functional drug and alcohol test if required.
- Have 2 x contactable references
- Be willing to relocate as soon as possible
Heavy Vehicle operating Licences
Why work for us?
- Award rates apply
- Opportunity for overtime
- Opportunity for Full time roles if successful
- Soft landing process after relocation
- Training and progression opportunities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applications are treated with complete confidentiality. Only applications with a right to work in Australia will be considered.
If you feel you are suitable and match the above criteria, please click the 'Apply Now!' icon below to submit an updated resume and a brief cover letter explaining your suitability to this role.
** We thank you for your application however, due to the volume of applicants only successful applicants will be contacted **