- Newly created position
- Group Safety – Leadership role – mix of Safety Systems and OHS
- Based in Brisbane
FIP Group – We are the go-to supplier of people solutions! Operational since 2006, our business model is built around our ability to provide tailor-made workforce solutions for our clients together with customer service that delivers above and beyond.
100% Australian owned, FIP Group are a specialist end-to-end recruitment business. We have a proven track record having been the preferred supplier of many national brands and smaller operations as their first-choice supplier of staff for over a decade.
This role will have you based in Brisbane supporting an industry leader in the Agriculture / Meat Processing industry.
About the role
This role is the company lead for WHS.
The business is wholly Australian family-owned and operated; the worlds largest at what they do! They currently have over 1500 employees in Queensland, offering career growth and stability. They are sustainable and continue to invest in infrastructure, technology, and people.
You are passionate about people, safety and improvements!
With a focus on safety systems, safe work practices, development, implementation and staff engagement – you will have excellent stakeholder engagement and experience in process improvements.
In this role you will oversee WHS for Corporate, Manufacturing & Agribusiness – experience in these areas is desirable, but not essential. You will however, have experience in safety leadership and ideally within an organization of over 1000 employees across multiple sites.
This is a leadership position; you will support a team of six in three locations, you will be based at the corporate head office in Brisbane, with some travel to other sites as required.
- Provide accurate and informed support, guidance, and resources to facilitate effective safety practices across operations
- Implement and maintain documented safe systems of work; review documents; identify training needs and keep records
- Build strong workplace relations with personnel to ensure effective WHS service delivery
- Provide direction to support business – ensuring WHS objectives are met and risk is minimized
- Demonstrate commitment to WHS and lead by example
- Promote growth and development to maximise team productivity and performance
- Tertiary qualifications in OHS
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare Act, Regulations and Codes of Practice
- Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator accredited
- First Aid and CPR accredited
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to ensure a logical and accurate approach to work processes
- Skills to oversea individual Workcover / Compensation matters
FIP Group are working with this business exclusively to recruit for this position.
For more information about FIP Group visit our website: www.fipgroup.com.au