We want you to enjoy a full time position working an average of 38 hours per week, offering generous industry award rates for aquaculture attendants, a starting rate of $19.84 p/hr + superannuation.
You will enjoy a safety-focussed team environment with industry professionals to support you, giving every team member a sense of achievement.
- Loading of baskets onto boats, completing in a safe manner - considering weather conditions and safe work practices
- Constructing baskets, cages, lines and oyster racks
- Assist with monitoring location of stock,nurturing stock to ensure maximum survival rate and operating mechanical equipment such as grading machines
- Maintain appropriate qualifications to operate forklifts, tractors, and other plant equipment
- Grading of spat and nursery stock
- Preparation of product for sales domestically and internationally,recording of data,assist in ensuring all land infrastructure and plant equipment is maintained to a quality standard
- Assist in completing required consignment paperwork,monitoring oysters for size, consistency, and quality
- Assist with sales bag count before stock is dispatched, ensuring quality
- Assist with pallets to ensure tagged information is correct and completing daily sales inventory sheet
- Assist with oyster sales e.g. load correct bag quantities for transport (domestically internationally)
To be successful in these roles, you will possess the following attributes:
- Able to meet the demands of a physical, fast paced work environment
- Good communication skills
- Able to maintain a strong work ethic for intensive farming methods
- A good attention span to maintain consistent quality in our processing methods
- Able to follow direction, and procedures
- Able to Provide initiative when dealing with day to day challenges, seeking out resolution
- Desirable: Some relevant farming/aqua experience, coxswains ticket, forklift licence, MR licence, first aid certificate
- You may be required to work reasonable overtime to meet operational demands. You must be able to work weekends and public holidays as per a rotating roster.
Salary : $40175.2 p.a
Hourly Rate: $20.33
Why work for us?
- Award rates apply
- Soft landing process after relocation
- Training and progression opportunities
- Relocation assistance provided - Terms Conditions apply
If you are interested in the above role, please send your resume through by clicking the Apply button. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.