We want you to enjoy a full time position working an average of 38 hours per week, offering generous industry award rates for aquaculture attendants, a starting rate of $20.33 p/hr + superannuation.
You will enjoy a safety-focussed team environment with industry professionals to support you, giving every team member a sense of achievement.
- Loading of baskets onto boats, completing in a safe manner - considering weather conditions and safe work practices
- Constructing baskets, cages, lines and oyster racks
- Assist with monitoring location of stock,nurturing stock to ensure maximum survival rate and operating mechanical equipment such as grading machines
- Maintain appropriate qualifications to operate forklifts, tractors, and other plant equipment
- Grading of spat and nursery stock
- Preparation of product for sales domestically and internationally,recording of data,assist in ensuring all land infrastructure and plant equipment is maintained to a quality standard
- Assist in completing required consignment paperwork,monitoring oysters for size, consistency, and quality
- Assist with sales bag count before stock is dispatched, ensuring quality
- Assist with pallets to ensure tagged information is correct and completing daily sales inventory sheet
- Assist with oyster sales e.g. load correct bag quantities for transport (domestically internationally)
To be successful in these roles, you will possess the following attributes:
- Able to meet the demands of a physical, fast paced work environment
- Good communication skills
- Able to maintain a strong work ethic for intensive farming methods
- A good attention span to maintain consistent quality in our processing methods
- Able to follow direction, and procedures
- Able to Provide initiative when dealing with day to day challenges, seeking out resolution
- Desirable: Some relevant farming/aqua experience, coxswains ticket, forklift licence, MR licence, first aid certificate
- You may be required to work reasonable overtime to meet operational demands. You must be able to work weekends and public holidays as per a rotating roster.
Salary : $40175.2 p.a
Hourly Rate: $20.33
Why work for us?
- Award rates apply
- Soft landing process after relocation
- Training and progression opportunities
- Relocation assistance provided - Terms Conditions apply
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applications are treated with complete confidentiality. Only applications with a right to work in Australia will be considered.
If you feel you are suitable and match the above criteria, please click the 'Apply Now!' icon below to submit an updated resume and a brief cover letter explaining your suitability to this role.
** We thank you for your application however, due to the volume of applicants only successful applicants will be contacted **