We want you to enjoy a full time position working an average of 38 hours per week, offering generous industry award rates for farm hand, a starting rate of $20.33 p/hr + superannuation.
You will enjoy a safety-focussed team environment with industry professionals to support you, giving every team member a sense of achievement.
- Collect cows from paddock to the dairy using machinery supplied and operate it within the farm guidelines. Set up tracks and gates for next grazing. Bring cows from yard to milking shed according to farm procedure.
- Check and start the milking system, milk cooling, refrigeration, washing and feed system. Cup up cows after attending to appropriate udder hygiene.
- Remove cups from cows following the standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Identify cows with clinical mastitis, teat damage, lameness and other illnesses. Follow protocols for the treatment and recording of the condition.
- Prepare the dairy in readiness for the next milking according to the set guidelines.
- Identify and treat common ailments of cattle and assist veterinarian when required.
- Record all treatments to meet quality assurance requirements and farm policy..
- Manage the feeding program for springing cows. Regularly observe and attend to animal health needs and assist calving cows.
- Identify and record newborn calves, ensure adequate colostrum intake and adhere to farm procedures for newborn calf management. Organise preparation and sale of bobby calves.
- Prepare and deliver milk and concentrates to reared calves.
- Select cows for AI, assist with semen selection.
- Participate in cattle mustering, drafting, transport and application of herd ID program. Adhere to farm policy on handling and welfare of stock.
- Set up, operate and monitor concentrate feed delivery equipment at dairy and elsewhere on farm.
- Implement the irrigation program including monitoring and maintenance of irrigation equipment.
Salary : $40175.2 p.a
Hourly Rate: $20.33
If you do, a successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Be committed to upholding the highest levels of animal welfare and bio-security
- Be committed to training and professional development
- Have a positive attitude towards the intrinsic values of trust, integrity, quality, efficiency and innovation
- Be physically fit and able to cope with the physical demands of the role
- Machinery skills would be an advantage
- Have Q Fever vaccination or be willing to undergo the Q Fever vaccination process
- Complete a Pre-employment medical functional drug and alcohol test if required
- Have 2 x contactable references
- Be willing to relocate as soon as possible
Why work for us?
- Award rates apply
- Opportunity for overtime
- Opportunity for Full time roles if successful
- Soft landing process after relocation
- Training and progression opportunities
- Relocation assistance provided Terms Conditions apply
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applications are treated with complete confidentiality. Only applications with a right to work in Australia will be considered.
If you feel you are suitable and match the above criteria, please click the 'Apply Now!' icon below to submit an updated resume and a brief cover letter explaining your suitability to this role.
** We thank you for your application however, due to the volume of applicants only successful applicants will be contacted **