- Studying drawings and specifications to determine suitable material, method and sequence of operations, and machine settings
- Fitting fabricated metal parts into products and assembling metal parts and subassemblies to produce machines and equipment
- Checking fabricated and assembled metal parts for accuracy, clearance and fit using precision measuring instruments
- Setting guides, stops and other controls on machining tools, setting up prescribed cutting and shaping tools and dies in machines and presses, and setting controls for textile machines
- Forming metal stock and castings to fine tolerances using machining tools to press, cut, grind, plane, bore and drill metal
- Cutting, threading, bending and installing hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines
- Diagnosing faults and performing operational maintenance of machines, and overhauling and repairing mechanical parts and fluid power equipment
- May erect machines and equipment on-site
Successful applicant must possess:
- AQF Certificate III (or equivalent) or AQF Certificate IV (or equivalent) in relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in a related in FMCG or manufacturing environment
- Excellent troubleshooting & problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy
- Demonstrated understanding of OHS requirements
- Flexible approach and adaptability to change with high attention to detail
- Good time management skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applications are treated with complete confidentiality. Only applications with a right to work in Australia will be considered.
If you feel you are suitable and match the above criteria, please click the 'Apply Now!' icon below to submit an updated resume and a brief cover letter explaining your suitability to this role.
** We thank you for your application however, due to the volume of applicants only successful applicants will be contacted **