FIP Group – We are the go-to supplier of people solutions! Operational since 2006, our business model is built around our ability to provide tailor-made workforce solutions for our clients together with customer service that delivers above and beyond.
100% Australian owned, FIP Group are a specialist end-to-end recruitment business. We have a proven track record having been the preferred supplier of many national brands and smaller operations as their first-choice supplier of staff for over a decade.
About the role
This is a full time opportunity based out of our head office in Spring Hill, Brisbane.
The Payroll Officer is responsible for providing administrative and processing support in preparation of payroll, ensuring accurate and timely payment of wages and salaries and maintenance of related records to comply with Organisational and legal requirements.
The position will also be required to support ongoing projects including transition and integration of new software.
- End to end weekly payroll process
- Efficient processing of all payroll transactions
- Collecting data / time sheets, ensuring they have been approved and exceptions verified, calculating, and entering to process and update payroll information
- Updating and maintaining employee records, including leave, training, enterprise agreements and other relevant documentation
- Administration of workers compensation payments and superannuation
- Calculate termination pays, pay adjustments, and leave accruals
- Resolving payroll discrepancies
- Ensure payroll compliance
- Administration of payroll transactions in both manual and automated payroll accounting systems
- Establish/maintain employee records
- Process invoices to customers based on payroll information
- An aptitude for working with bulk data
- Accuracy and a keen eye for detail which your referees will attest to
- Demonstrated proven experience operating in 1500+ employee payroll (minimum 2 years’ experience in similar role)
- High degree of agility and adaptability, energetic and proactive.
- Ability to build strong stakeholder relationships with Finance and the rest of the organisation to understand needs, share information and deliver outcomes.
- Knowledge and practical experience of legislation and statutory requirements including PAYG, superannuation, payroll tax, workers compensation and reporting
- Able to understand and interpret modern awards
- Highly organised, strong attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service ability with strong communication skills