We are seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated individual to contribute the Health and Safety objectives of a pet food and treats company.
The Safety Technician is responsible to monitor and support the Health and Safety function under general supervision and provide support and coordination of safety practices, systems, and procedures in a precast manufacturing setting.
Responsibilities include training current staff and any newcomers, contractors to Safety rules.
- Contract role: March to mid – August ’24
- Competitive annual salary of $75,000 (excluding Super)
- Ensure to maintain Health and Safety Systems of the company.
- Provide risk assessment guidance, best practices examples to the team.
- Roll out Company Safety Road map in accordance with company policies.
- Manage Incident reporting/investigations with insurer and corporate.
- Lead risk assessment with production and admin staff for any required activities.
- Update workplace instructions for safety relevance and compliance with local regulations and corporate policies.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a Health and Safety position within a manufacturing environment.
- Qualifications in Work Health and Safety.
- Experience and a sound understanding of risk assessments and regulatory requirements.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applications are treated with complete confidentiality. We thank you for your application however, due to the volume of applicants only successful applicants will be contacted.